I have to say I was a little disappointed about this episode. I was expecting it to be great since Norm MacDonald was hosting, but I was wrong.
Grading is on the A, B, C, D, F scale(like a report card, only no -'s or +'s)
1. Mayor Guiliani-I thought this was pretty good. A highlight of the show. I give a B.
2.Monologue- I thought this monologue was pretty funny. I liked how Norm expressed how he felt about how he was fired and made fun of it. It is true, I would NBC fire Norm and then ask him to host the show? I bet Lorne Michaels wanted him on the show. Overall, I'd give it a Bt too.
3.Martha Stewart-Again Anna Gastyer gives a dead on impression of Martha. These skits are always funny. A-
4.Yankee-although it was a short skit, I still thought the idea was funny. I enjoyed this. "I was being sacastic." Can't really say it was great though. B-
5.Jeopardy-Jeopardy is probably one of my favorite skits. It can always make me laugh. They are also good for the great impressions. Some how Sean Connery can always think of something perverted to say. A good example is "Apetit" (a French word) to Ape Tits. Now that was funny. Don't know why it was funny, but I laughed everytime "Terd Ferguson" was said. It's just a plain stupid name. A
6. NBC: Crosss Talk: This was kind of boring. the only highlight of this skit was the Ally McBeal actress impression. I thought it was hysterical when she barfed. Typical of a starving actress. C
7. Larry King (both skits): I thoguht this was an "ok"
skit. I thought it was funny how Larry would go to a new camera
after each opinion. I am not sure what to say about this skit
since I kept going in and out of a daze during it. Guess thats
not good, huh?
8. Cartoon: blah, blah, blah. wasn't funny. D
9. Colin Quinn: This was exceptionally bad! Usually something good will come out of Weekend Update, but not this week. Dt
10. "Tooth Brushers": I didn't like this skit that much. The only highlight was the little "Tooth Brushers" song. I thought that was stupid but a little funny. C
11.Michael Jackson: I actually enjoyed this skit. Jimmy Fallon can always do a great Howard Stern impression. Although I never thought of Tim Meadows as a good impressionist, but I have to sya his interpretation of MJ was pretty good. B
12. Actor Studio: Glad to see Will Ferrel! I thought this skit lagged a little, but had its funny moments. B-
13. Commercial: didn't get to see. oh well.
As you can see after the Jeopardy skit the show was pretty bad. This show was a bunch of crap quickely put together compared to last weeks show, which was great. I'd give it a Ct or a B-.
BACK to Norm Macdonald "SNL" Episode Reviews