Mayor Rudy Giuliani / Sarah McLachlan
November 22, 1997
1. Guiliani seemed a little tense and uncomfortable in the beginning, but I liked the way they set up the scene for his entrance. I give it a 6.
2. The part about the hitch hiker was really funny. Norm was pretty funny so I give it a 6.
3. Will Ferrell was really good as Hussein, and I thought it was funny when he talked about his good friend, the mayor of New York City. I give it an 8.
4. Giuliani was really funny dressed as a woman, and Cheri Oteri was great once again as Rita. It had some funny moments. I give it a 7.
5. This Mary skit was great as usual. Her falling into the table was a littel predictable though. Cheri Oteri was funny. I give it a 6.
6. The best skit of the night. It was great. The only part that was missing was the fact that no one had written Giuliani's name on the wall so that he would have to put "sucks" after it. Very funny, and very original. I give it a 9.
7. Norm was okay as usual. The basted in blood part was pretty interesting, though. I give it a 5.
8. I missed the performance.
9. It was funny at the end, but I am a little tired of the entire Joe Pesci thing. I changed the channel until the end. I give what I saw a 4.
10. This was the second best skit of the night. It was hilarious whenever someone got into the cab and the voices came on. I also liked how Giuliani kept yelling "Friggin' Giuliani!" It was great, and I give it a 8.5.
11. Janet Reno is always funny. I liked how Ferrell beat up Giulian and kept saying "Say it!" It was funny, so I give it a 7.
12. Well, I didn't really get many of the jokes in this skit, but it was okay, so I give it a 4.
13. Tim Meadows was great. I liked how he kept saying that Giuliani was running for mayor. All in all, I give it a 7.
The show was pretty good, and I give it a 7 altogether.
Episode Review written by Emily
BACK to Mayor Rudy Giuliani "SNL" Episode Reviews