Murphy / Nelly
November 16, 2002
The last show was good; so let's
hope this trend keeps up.
- Not much to say other
than I liked it.
- If anything, this will probably end up the most memorable opening
of the season.
- I was half expecting
Chris Parnell to come out as Eminem but this was more original.
- There were a lot of funny in-jokes, especially if you know
a little bit about the background and other projects of the cast.
- Why was Jimmy with the NYC crowd? Isn't he also based in LA?
- The only bad part was Brittany's bit, which was basically an
excuse for self-promotion.
Welcome Back Potter
- If anything, Will is
a more accurate Potter than Rachel (not that it's too hard).
- Kind of expected this to be a skit but it still had its moments.
- What was this doing
opening the show?
- I think this skit is basically an excuse for Jimmy to crack
up at Horatio and flub his lines.
- Brittany didn't exactly add much.
- Let's not have this one repeat again.
- Darrell's impression
was pretty good.
- Jeff's wasn't but he had the voice going for him.
- This really dragged until the other guests came in.
- Tracy and Maya really saved this from bombing.
- This sketch was basically one joke stretched for far too long.
- Did anyone notice the audience cheered when they said Hardball
was up next? Probably for good reason.
- See Leather Man.
- Not even Seth could save this.
Diana's Butler Speaks
- Took a while to get
- Seth plays a good Englishman and Rachel was good too.
- Still, probably not a big enough pay-off in the end.
- Another one of those
bizarre sketches that I enjoy.
- Nice to see Dean getting a funny part for once.
- Also nice to see Maya with more interesting roles.
- Brittany seemed to struggle and brought this down a bit.
- Wouldn't mind seeing this repeat in a different setting.
- Not too bad.
- WU has been really
uneven this season and this may be the worst yet.
- Jimmy seemed to struggle with his lines (what else is new?).
- I think Drunk Girl has outstayed her/his welcome.
- Maya and Kattan's bit was amusing, especially Kattan.
- I think you know you're in trouble when Kattan is the highlight
- Strangely enough, this
sketch hasn't got tired yet.
- Garrett and to a lesser extent Nelly made this all the funnier.
- Tracy was funny as Jones but that probably goes without saying.
- I could see this being
offensive to some but I thought it was funny for the most part.
- Not as bad as some
of the other ones.
- Nothing too impressive.
- This was funny the
first two times but now it just seems tired.
- Fred, Tracy and Dean were good for a few laughs though.
- If you're going to do this then put it somewhere in the middle
of the show not and the end, as you could tell some of the guys
just wanted to get out of there.
Funniest Skit: Astronaut Jones
Weakest Skit: Jarrett's Room
Top 3 Regulars:
In a lot of sketches tonight and provided much needed comic relief.
Maya Rudolph: She's getting bigger and better parts. Definitely
the female star of the night.
Chris Kattan: No one else stuck out but he was good on
Don't Say A Word (Weakest
Sorry but this isn't amateur hour.
Best of the Rest (Featured)
Finally getting some much-deserved airtime and, besides, he really
was the funniest of the FP tonight.
Clueless (Weakest Featured)
He portrayed a fat slob and a drunk girl tonight. That's high
class comedy right there.
Overall Show Rating: 2.31
Well, this was one of the weaker
shows so far and the weakest since the second episode. It's nice
to see underappreciated cast-members like Maya and Tracy get
more attention but too bad for every funny Maya or Tracy moment
there was a bad Jimmy and Horatio moment. Jimmy, Horatio, Jeff
and Brittany should form their own sketch comedy show, if anything
it would make this season of SNL look good.