I'm sick with a cold. I'm also having a massive allergy attack. So this review will be short.
Sorry about that.
On to the review:
* Darrell's tour of terra - still awesome.
* Before his wife was killed, I don't think lots of people knew who Robert Blake was.
* I've never seen an episode of Beretta.
* At least it wasn't a political opening again.
LIVE FROM NEW YORK IT'S...
Fred the parrot??
* Alec acknowledges that hangs out at SNL a lot
* Alec acknowledges the "I will leave the country" quote
* Alec claims he was misquoted...
* Another excuse for Darrell to bring out the Gore impression.
* Was funny the first time I saw it
* Standard point deduction for running the same commercial on a new show
GAY PHONE MACHINE
* They made a good move here by not dragging it out, like they do with many sketches
* This was short and funny
WHITE MEN, BLACK WOMEN
* "Oh, baby, do they have buttermilk??"
* Some people will still call them racist for doing this sketch
* Amy was awesome as Ozzy's wife
* Parnell was awesome as Ozzy's son
* Rachel doesn't look too much like Kelly, Ozzy's daughter
* "Diet Coke... with ICE ICE ICE!"
* Another one that they could have dragged out but didn't
Tobey Maguire: funny, accurate. A-
Callista Flockhart: standard Flockhart impression from Rachel. B
Savannah Dakota Fey?: This didn't work that great, but was ok. B-
* P.O.D. is the name.
* They are the youth of a nation.
* Not a huge fan of this song but they are OK I guess.
* Kind of funny but dragged on a bit
* Not as funny as previous ones
* Kill it now, or the next time will probably suck
* Didn't quite get this at first.
* What was with all the anti-semite stuff?
* This could have been funnier if written a different way
Tony Bennett Show
* Kattan was hilarious!!!
* Alec did a great Bennett impression
* Maya's Manelli impression was decent
* This sucked.
MUSICAL GUEST II
* They're ok, just not my bag, baby
BIG THICK NOVEL
* As usual.
Great first half, weak second half. I expect Big Thick Novel to be awful, but it's only like 10 seconds. That was the worst TV Funhouse I've ever seen, and it went on and on!! If they had nothing else, they should have just got rid of Funhouse and Big Thick Novel and just gave P.O.D. an unprecedented third set.
BEST SKETCH: Gay Phone Machine, White Men Black Women
WORST SKETCH: Big Thick Novel, TV Funhouse
MOST USED PLAYER: Parnell, Amy (6 sketches each)
PEOPLE WITH TIME TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE ROTH/HAGAR CONCERT: Kattan (1 sketch)
MISTAKES: None really
OVERALL GRADE: B- (B+ or maybe even A- if not for TV Funhouse and Big Thick Novel)
NEXT LIVE SHOW:
See you then!
BACK to Alec Baldwin "SNL" Episode Reviews