LIVE FROM NEW YORK IT'Sreally going to be easy for SNL to make fun of whoever wins the election. The names alone lend themselves to jokes, Bush and Gore.
Charlize Theron. I have heard the name, I don't think I've seen any of her movies, so I have no idea if she is funny or talented. I do expect a lot of presidential humor and I hope we actually get a Robert Smigel cartoon this week. This is a good weekend for SNL fans, a live episode on Saturday and the Presidential Bash on Sunday night. Let's just hope that both programs are funny.
Cold Open: A Glimpse of Our Possible Future
Cast Member: WF
- Thank goodness it isn't a debate sketch
- Will seems scared by the large fire next to him
- The map was funny, we're so screwed
- Good Line: "With the Help of Vice President Dick Cheney YOU KILLED HIM IN A HUNTING ACCIDENT"
- 2:55 Short and Sweet
Cast Member: TM
- How the hell do you pronounce the host's name?
- After letting Dana Carvey do a monologue without interruptions, the writers have began to meddle again
- Tracy Morgan never has anything to do in the show
- I do not understand most of the things Tracy Morgan said
Cast Members: JF, MR, AG
- Great Music Video
- Charlize Theron is really tall
- The girls sing very well
- Carson Daly is a tool
Sketch: Another Glimpse of Our Possible Future
Cast Members: DH, DH
- 4 hours of primetime, noooooooooooooooooooooooo. He might as well change his name to Regis
- This is funny with him teaching the country
- The live and taped stuff wasn't synced up well
- Did I mention that we're screwed
Sketch: Blair Witch 2
Cast Members: CK, MS, HS
- I didn't see the original Blair Witch Project and I have no plans to see this one
- The Goths are in the woods, very funny
Cartoon: Mr. T
- Quick and Painless
Sketch: Joe DiMaggio Book Thingy
Cast Members: JF, CK, DH, CP, WF, HS
- Will Ferrell is a lucky guy, Horatio is even luckier
- The end credits of her sex partners was a nice touch
Musical Guest: Paul Simon
- This was ok, nothing special, nothing offensive
Cast Members: TF, JF, RD
- Good Line: "Lorne's a minister?" JF "He's a ship's captain" TF
- Another Good Line: "I can't marry you, I just got Play Station 2" Jimmy furthers his reputation as a person with the mind of a teenager
- How the hell do you pronounce Rachel's last name?
- Error: Renovation Graphic was on as JF introduced TF for the electoral college bit
- Yet another memorable line: "The President of the Senate is Al Goredid anybody know that?" Tina Fey
- Tina's explanation of the electoral college made more sense that that of Tim Russert on the Today Show
- Wow, Jimmy screwed up that renovation joke, it was like Colin Quinn was back
- RECOVERY: "Oh, we're going to do it live this week?" JF
- Who is Hugh Fink? What's up with the writers getting parts on WU?
Sketch: Bedtime Stories
Cast Members: MS, CK
- A lot of TV and Movie parodies tonight
- YEAH!! Mr. Peepers
- Also a good night for CK's reoccurring characters
- They have spit so much food at each other. I feel sorry for the clean-up crew
- Error: CK lost his wig
- The men of the cast are really enjoying the show tonight, first they get to feel Charlize in the Joe DiMaggio sketch, and now she took of her shirt
Sketch: A Green Glimpse of the Possible Future
Cast Members: JF, CP, ??
- Pigs are flying
- Hell has frozen over
- Who was the other devil?
Sketch: DeMarco Brothers
Cast Members: RD, CK, CP
- I think this is the 2nd times seeing these characters, with their debut being their audition for Britney Spears
- These characters should not be confused with the Bloater Brothers
- I now miss Cheri Oteri because the Spartan Spirit Team was much better than these morons
Advertisement (I think): Robert Goulet sings Crap Songs
Cast Member: WF
- I thought the last sketch sucked but I was wrong compared to this piece of crap
Musical Guest: Paul Simon
Sketch: Buena Vista Social Club
Cast Members: CP, WF, HS, JM, TM
- WF's character is named George. Is this possible George W. Bush? It looks like his GWB impression
- The men in the cast are getting lucky tonight
And that's the show. Not bad.
BEST CAST MEMBER: Jimmy Fallon
BEST SKETCH: A Glimpse of Our Possible Future (All of Them)
SKETCH THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRASHED: Robert Goulet Sings Crap
HOST: Well I'm sure that the men in the cast want her back as soon as possible. She was good but not really funny.
PROBLEMS: Jimmy Fallon forgot how to read. Peepers lost his wig. Synchronization problems between taped pieces, commercials, and live segments
PERSONAL GRADE: B+
AVERAGE GRADE: B
Next Week: Calista Flockhart is another actress with a name that is impossible to spell. I find her annoying on Ally McBeal; nevertheless she is a good actress. I don't know if she can be funny on SNL, we'll find out. I also expect more election sketches once the election is over. That's it for now.
BACK to Charlize Theron "SNL" Episode Reviews