After missing the chance on putting up my Lucy Liu review
and missing 2/3rds of last week's show with Charlie Sheen, I am
back in full force. I will attempt to write a review for every
episode for the rest of the season.
I did catch the last couple of skits from last week's show, but the only one I can remember is the last one with I believe, Rachel as some sort of whore and Charlie Sheen as something, I can't remember because I only got to see it once and I didn't tape it but that particular skit was pretty funny. I hope I didn't miss much from that show.
Well, tonight's host I never heard of, until I remembered American Beauty and everything flew back to me. I don't think there was a better drama like American Beauty.
[COLD OPENING] Who Would Be A Better Prez, Bush Or The Fish?
* This was an average opener, but the line that made this funny
was Hammond's "Suck on it" line. When he said that,
I laughed so much. Something tells me that now that Clinton is
out and Gore is old news, either Hammond should find a new character,
or leave at the end of the season. He has had a great run, I'm
sure he'll leave soon.
* Will is doing a better Bush impersonation every week. I hope he stays for a bit longer. Ferrell, not Bush.
* I can't remember the exact line but it went something like I am going to be president for a whole year. God, that was a great line.
[MONOLOGUE] The Chick From American Beauty, Or Is It American Pie?
* Another fantastic monologue, except for the part with Tracy Morgan. Good God! I can't get that image out of my mind. So disgusting. But then again, the monologue was funny, and I rate the skits on comedy.
(NOTE) Why is it that Lorne was thinking of Tracy like that and Tracy is almost never in the show. Hmmm...
[COMMERCIAL] Why Be A Pepper, When You Can Have A Bucket O'Love
* I have to admit that I laughed at this one. I don't usually enjoy the commercials but this was actually quite funny.
[SKIT] Is That A Gun In Your Pocket, Or Are You Happy To See Me?
* This was another funny skit, with other people carrying it along. By that I mean, Chris Parnell. He was very funny in this repeating sketch which everyone knows I hate. Maya Rudolph, though, is getting some good parts in the show the last couple of episodes. Maybe she will be the next Ellen Cleghorne. Wait a minute...
[SKIT] Would The Real Janet Reno Please Stand Up
* I never actually found the Janet Reno Dance Party Skits
really all that hilarious, but this one was different. It was
the last one. That and the Real Janet Reno said "It's Reno
However Lorne got Janet Reno to guest star on the show that makes fun of absolutely everyone, including Reno, that is beyond me. Although, Janet Reno only spent one minute tops, on the show. But it was really funny.
[SKIT] Rap Street......what, there is no Joke....
* Rap Street usually always cracks me up. I'm happy that Horatio finally got a recurring character. This particular Rap Street skit was not quite as good as the Tom Green episode, but Mena Suvari's impersonation of Aaron Carter was pretty good. I hope they have another Rap Street with Jennifer Lopez in three weeks.
[TOON] Making Fun Of The Election Is Funny
* Two X-Preisident toons in one half of the year is rare
to see, but there is one thing that these two toons have in common.
They are both top notch comedy from the hands of Smigel. Although
I think they should have made a little more fun of George W. Bush
don't you think?
* I hope that Smigel doesn't agree to include Clinton in the toons because I personally think that Clinton will have everything all AWOL and sexed up. Then again, Smigel does that now, without Clinton.
[SKIT] " Does Sonny And Cher still have that stupid talk show?" " No, actually, she's an actress and he's a congressman." "Goodnight!" BEEEEEP!
* That particular opener was from The Simpsons but I don't know if those are the exact words. This "Wake Up Little Susie thing got pretty lame after the first six seconds. But it was a bit chuckle-inducing when Tracy found out that she was in a coma. I don't know where this came from but they really need to think of better movie parodies.
[NEWS] Weekend Update
* Tonight was a little off target but there was still a couple of funny lines. Why must they keep having Jesse Jackson. In my opinion, they can do without Jesse Jackson and that other guy played by Jerry Minor. They were the main reason why I only gave this a
[SKIT] Veronica and Co.
* I am not a fan of Veronica and Co. but tonight's skit was an average skit, as opposed to plain well dumb. They always make Molly Shannon's character a hyper-active person and well, I forgive her for tonight because I know she is leaving February 17th. Some of the characters were OK, some weren't. Kattan made his first appearance tonight which was a bit weird, because usually he makes an earlier appearance. Or, something like that.
[SKIT] Lenny Must Be Rolling Over In His Grave...Uh-Oh!
* The DeMarco Bros strike again and this time, their target is Lenny Kravitz. This was another one of those average episodes that I have been reviewing tonight, but the reason I am writing small reviews without a thesaurus I will explain at the end. Anyway, this was pretty much the same as the Paul Simon and Britney Spears episodes. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes they aren't. This time they were mediocre.
Actors of the Night: Mena Suvari, Will Ferrell, Darrell Hammond
Skits Of The Night: Cold Opening, X-Presidents
Worst Skit: Wake Up Little Susie
Cast Member Of The Week: Will Ferrell (7 Sketches)
Overall Rating: 8.1/10
Well, there you have it. Another review down. Now the reason
I was so short on details with the skits was I am coming down
with a cold and I feel terrible about having to just sit in the
computer chair, but I wanted to let everybody know, I am Back!
I can't wait for Jennifer Lopez to host the 10th, then Molly Shannon is leaving the 17th. Should be a great month.
BACK to Mena Suvari "SNL" Episode Reviews